In this three-part series, GetWellNetwork chief technology officer Robin Cavanaugh explores bridging the gap between the physical and digital worlds in next-generation patient environments.
PART 1: Enhancing the Hospital Experience
What does building a smart room that streamlines and improves the experience for patients, families and clinicians entail?
- Inside the patient room of the future
- Unifying the interoperable ecosystem
- Leaping into the future with Kaiser Permanente & Medical University of South Carolina
PART 2: Bringing a Smart Room to Life
What do patients need experientially, not just clinically, to get better?
- Behind the scenes at Medical University of South Carolina’s (MUSC) new children’s hospital
- Converging interoperability with human-centered design principles
- Insider insight into MUSC's planning process, vendor roster and technology lineup
PART 3: Building for Humans
What does it mean to “digitize” health care from a human-centered perspective?
- Role of physical space design as an element of care
- Restoring a sense of control to patients through healing environments
- Positioning digital patient experiences to transform care delivery